Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A big year ahead


2011 has flown by and I find myself contemplating another new year and the fresh start it brings. What is it that changes the mood between December 31st and January 1st?  Why does the simple change of a date on the calendar suddenly bring hopes and dreams alive to start afresh and energize anew?


I hadn't given the New Year much thought, with the bustle of the holidays and being out of town for several days.  And yet, upon my return from vacation, I sit here and palpably feel the change in the air as the new year begins.  What changes will it bring?  How will my life be different?  How will our family change?  What should I push forward and focus on?

It was interesting to read my New Year's post from a year ago.  Last January I was feeling rather lackluster about the new year and I was seeking motivation for change.  I'm not sure I found it, but I survived the year anyway.

This January, I find myself in an anticipatory place.  There is much to be done this year.  Many plans are in the works (or will soon be) for our personal life, our family life, and our business life.  Growth, change, hopes and dreams fulfilled, at least in part.  I feel like I'm on the edge of a precipice... preparing to take the leap to bigger and better things.... waiting to watch and see what mysteries unfold before my eyes.  It will take much faith and work to watch this year unfold--but I am ready.

And so, with these feelings of anticipation within me, I make one goal for the new year, and one goal only:
Find Joy In the Journey.

Whether the year be what I'm anticipating or not, let me find joy along the way.  Let me be grateful for the road I'm traveling and never forget that all blessings and trials come from a loving Heavenly Father who will help me along the way.  This is my quest....


1 comment:

  1. What a great goal! Maybe I'll add that to my list of resolutions.

    ReplyDelete